Dublin City’s Cashless Parking service
Dublin City Council launches new Cashless Paid Parking System
Dublin’s Lord Mayor Eibhlin Byrne officially launched Dublin City Council’s
new “Parking Tag” system at the Mansion House, Dawson Street, Dublin 2 on
Thursday 21st May 2009 at 10am.
Suitable for all motorists
Easy to use, the tag will provide the motorist with the choice of paying for on-
street car parking without having to buy a ticket from a ticket machine. The tag
is ready to use almost immediately, once initially purchased through either a
‘Pay as You Go’ or ‘Account’ option, and simply requires registration and
activation by telephone or online.
There are two ways to activate a tag: online or by text message
To activate your Tag online:
1. Go to www.parkingtag.ie
2. Click on the Activate Your Parking Tag button on the homepage.
3. Enter your vehicle registration number, your Parking Tag Barcode
number and your mobile phone number in the boxes provided.
4. Click the Activate button, you are now ready to park in Dublin City
using Parking Tag
To activate your Tag by text:
1. Text ACTIVATE followed by your Parking Tag Number and vehicle
registration number to 53311 for example: ACTIVATE62777500000008
2. You will receive a confirmation text with the details you have
registered. You do not need to reply to this text. You are now ready to
park in Dublin City using Parking Tag.
Look at the website for more information www.parkingtag.ie