The Irish Deaf Society seeks to achieve and promote the Equality and Rights of Deaf people in Ireland.
As Store Manager you will ensure that our sorting/storage operation is run as efficiently as possible in order to help us raise funds for the Irish Deaf Society (IDS). You will need to be able to manage a small team comprising of volunteers, TUS /CE staff and paid employees. You will need to ensure that goods are distributed to our charity shops in saleable condition efficiently and safely. You will be responsible for stock control and organising van drivers to prepare collections/deliveries and maximize sales and productivity through the efficient supervision of the Irish Deaf Society storage facility by ensuring compliance with the Society’s standards, current relevant legislation, policy and ethos.
General duties include:
- Opening and closing of premises
- Stock control
- Staff rosters and general staffing issues
- Upkeep of the stores
- Communicating with outside agencies re recycling, antiquities, art, and furniture sales.
- Managing donations, collections and sales deliveries.
- Valuation of stock items using internet and communications with relevant agencies.
- Adhere to safe work and welfare practices, policies and procedures.
- Participate in relevant IDS training programmes.
- Follow any reasonable instruction and training provided in relation to health and safety at work.
- Identify and report hazards, accidents and unsafe workplace practices in the workplace.
Irish Sign Language an advantage – training will be provided
Computer literacy is essential – MS Office
Understanding of Health and Safety regulations beneficial.
Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Upholds the ethos and culture of the Society in all facets of the work environment
See the video at: www.irishdeafsociety.ie/news-events/job-vacancy/
Place of work Dublin 9
If you feel that you have the leadership and organisational skills we need and would like to work for a Charity that raises money to support the Deaf community in Ireland, apply now by sending your CV to email@example.com
The Irish Deaf Society is an equal opportunities employer
Hours of work 9am-3pm Monday to Friday
Closing Date 7th July 2016
* No agencies please.