Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Catholic Institute for Deaf People
Reporting to: CEO of CIDP
Salary: €55,000 – €60,000
Contract duration: 2 year term with a possibility of rolling into a third year
CIDP provides services to the Deaf Community, including the management of a residence for Deaf and Deaf Blind Adults at Brewery Road Stillorgan. CIDP is now planning a move of the services provided at St Joseph’s House to a location(s) in Cabra.
This is a major project for CIDP and is to be completed in the next 3 years.
A project manager is being recruited to coordinate the project.
The ideal candidate for the role of project manager must be have a proven track record in delivering on complex projects and preferably have experience of projects that require infrastructural change and well as major people change. In addition the project manager should have a working knowledge of HSE/ Health care and be able to work with multiple stakeholder groups
The project manager will report to a steering group established by the CIDP Board. The project team will be made up of a mixture of part-time resources and external specialist services, yet to be identified.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Below are the key areas of responsibility;
• Ensure the Identification of St Joseph’s residents’ needs and supports
• Identification and development of suitable premises and infrastructure on site
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties for the flawless execution of the move
• Ensure that the project is delivered on time, within scope and within budget
• Developing project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
• Ensure efficient and effective use of the project resources
• Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
• Report to steering group on a regular basis and escalate daily issues to the CEO
• Manage the relationship with all stakeholders (internal and external)
• Perform risk management to minimise project risks
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Strong background in the area of project management with a recognised PM qualification (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2 or other) and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management across a range of projects
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written communication skills
• Strong organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project or other project management tools
• Proven experience of development and implementation of service change
• Proven ability to be able to plan complex projects within a work programme without direct supervision
• To be able to reprioritise and adjust plans accordingly to ensure timely delivery of projects and project milestones and management reports
– Knowledge of HIQA and social care
– Proven experience of health or social care commissioning and partnership working
Any interested applicants should forward their CV and a short covering letter stating their suitability for the role. Please email email@example.com by close of business on Friday 26 May 2017.
If you require further details on this role, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
All offers of employment with CIDP are subject to Garda Vetting/PSNI clearance.